Welcome to sex, intimacy and relationship hope!
The decision to participate in therapy is a big one – as it should be. You are embarking on important self work which can change the course of your relationship with yourself and others. Deciding to do something is the first step. Working on yourself and your relationship will make you feel better, and it’s a feeling that lasts.
Our ability to be sexual with our self and others is centered in a feeling of well being. Sexual health is rooted in quite a few areas – the biological, psychological, cultural, relational, and developmental part of ourselves. It’s no wonder that many people encounter sexual problems, as sexual health taps into all of the parts that make us human.
The topic of sex is taboo in society and this creates a barrier to getting support from family and friends. Most of us got very little sexual health advice from our parents or others growing up. This lack of support and feedback in the face of society- driven sexual health images creates the illusion that we are the only one’s struggling with sex and that we are weird or different from others. It seems everyone is having, “hotlovinmonkeysex,” except us! TV, movies, advertisements and porn have all reinforced this myth. Not feeling capable of sexual pleasure leaves us feeling helpless, vulnerable and often ashamed. Whether it occurs within a couple or by yourself the sense that we are missing out on one of life’s most delightful gifts is just plain defeating. It leaves us feeling alone. Deciding to address your sexual concerns despite all of society’s pressures to keep it secret is a win!
I’m Jan, a Sex, Intimacy and Relationship Therapist and I am here to help. I want you to be able to feel good in your body, have a vibrant relationship that meets your needs for connection, carry sexual confidence with you into the bedroom and be able to access pleasure – your birthright. Work with me to develop your sexual self. It’s already there!
Stop settling for less and access help now to claim your birth right to pleasure!
Jan Carey, LCSW
Phone: (215) 272-1161
Meet Jan Carey
I have a private practice in Doylestown, PA where I specialize in Sex, Intimacy, and Relationship Therapy.
My background includes earning certificates in Sex Therapy and Sexuality Education from the University of Michigan’s School of Social Work, and have extensive training in Emotionally Focused Therapy and Structural Family Therapy. I completed Temple University’s Masters of Social Work program. I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Pennsylvania- License #CW015790.
When it Comes to Creating Loving Relationships, I Believe:
- How we relate to our partners draws on how we related to our caregivers in childhood
- To be successful at coupling requires the willingness to be vulnerable with that someone special
- We hurt others when we have a deep pain that needs to be tended to
- You deserve to have your disappointments heard, and your needs met
- Therapy doesn’t always have to be heavy and serious – sometimes making space for silliness or absurdity is what really heals
- Healing requires the presence of another person to bear witness to another’s pain
Common problems I treat include:
- Sexual desire differences
- Inability to orgasm
- Erectile dysfunction
- Delayed ejaculation
- Painful sex
- Affair recovery
- Inability to create boundaries in a relationship
- Out of control sexual behavior
- LGBTQI centered treatment
- Performance worries
- Sexual challenges after medical problems
- Dating support while trying to find a significant other
- Sexual abuse
- Loss of interest in sex
Contact Jan Carey
Address: 26 E. Swamp Rd., Suite C Doylestown, PA 18901
Phone: (215) 272-1161 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org